1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Muskox European

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by BearBonz, Apr 14, 2019 at 2:09 PM.

1. Who has done muskox European mounts? I use the advanced search and found very little info. I have a few requests. However, I am afraid of the Beatles attacking the horn? Any ideas?

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Beetles will chew on the horn. Wrap the horns well with tape and wrap them good with several layers to keep the beetles from chewing on them. You can not get the horns off, don't try. If you do, you will never get them back on. Protect all the horn surface that you can before putting it in there. Because it is a hair horn I would not try and macerate it clean.

BearBonz likes this.

3. Thanks!! That’s kind of what I was planning. Just wasn’t sure if there was any other ways. I am also going to add one layer of aluminum tape as well. I know most people do shoulder mounts and not euros. Thanks again

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Room is a consideration. I have a full skull and a tanned hide. No room on the wall for something that big. :)