1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking For Unbiased Opinion On Resolution Of A Refund

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by juli, Apr 15, 2019 at 5:04 PM.

1. juli

juli Active Member

Couple of months ago I purchased a red phase coyote for a taxidermy mount, (not advertised here).

The coyote pictured in the advertisement was hanging dead, unskinned and I requested that it be skinned for taxidermy (eyelids, earbutts, etc). The seller said yes, they do that all the time. No problem. I agree to buy the hide and send money....

They mail it on a tues (we live only 500 miles apart). It arrives on Fri, no ice packs, wrapped in house insulation (I think? but now I don't recall, it might not have been wrapped in anything at all..., thawed and smelling like a stinky coyote. I inspect it right away. The place where the eyelids were is 2 large holes - no eyelids, nor even HINT of eyelids... I mean holes well over the size of a quarter. No earbutts either...

I immediately put the hide into the freezer and let the seller know I am going to need a refund as he did not provide a taxidermy quality hide as he said he would. He agrees, after seeing the photos (apparently he did not skin it, but his 'help' did).

I put the hide in the freezer and it is mailed back (after a delay of about a month, due to him not being around and me forgetting to mail it). I mail it on tues morning and tracking estimates delivery by Thurs (which I don't believe, but I figure it will arrive on fri). It is packaged in blue styrofoam with 3 ice packs... I intentionally froze the whole (packed) box to make sure it was good and cold when I dropped it at the PO....

It arrived the following monday. Rotten, of course. Turns out it spent 3 or 4 days ping ponging back and forth between Springfield and KC ... literally.... Seller wants to 'work something out'... I want my money back... If he had delivered the item as he described it would be, this would not be an issue. .

So - am I off base in requiring a complete refund?

2. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

How did you pay for it? If it’s paypal or some CCs you can fight it.

3. juli

juli Active Member

paypal

4. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Nope, you should get a refund, this person should man up and accept that he screwed up.

D.Price likes this.
  5. You did not get a mountable hide. You got the typical crap trapper hide. As for the mail good luck.

6. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

Never (MAIL) anything
    You should get a refund

D.Price likes this.
  7. Fallenscale

Fallenscale Active Member

NY
    There two at fault. The seller and the post office. It really should of been mailed on a Monday as well.

8. Please tell me you didn't send payment "Friends and Family"! If so good luck!

Full refund!
    Never ever, ever, ever use the post office for this type of shipment!!!!

DP

9. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

After nearly loosing a turkey head by sending it USPS on Monday with a guarantee of receiving it on Wednesday and they received it on Friday afternoon, I started sending it next day UPS. I never had a problem after that.