1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking For Grackles

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by lesliedalton, Apr 27, 2019.

1. lesliedalton

lesliedalton New Member

looking for starlings to practice

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  2. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Leslie, your a babe in the avatar . You remind me of Elvira-Mistress of the Dark but with Red hair and a white dress.

[​IMG]

3. old60furs

old60furs MO buyers license number is 2465. I need your #

That's messed up so I am thinking this entire post is a scam. Grackles are protected so can't be harvested and sold! Non game native species are protected by the law. Shoot and sell all the house sparrows, starlings and pigeons you want. That is it. I am not going to get you in trouble but the agents who monitor our site may be knocking at you door!

woakley144 and Oldshipbuilder like this.
  4. kojak

kojak Active Member

You are right the reply by Richard C is messed up but Leslie is legit. I have sold to her a few times and always had a good transaction.
    Also old60furs is right grackles are a protected song bird.

5. That "Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918" (enacted over 101 years ago) and all of the subsequent amendments and modifications to it, like the addition of the Raptors and Owls in 1972 or 74 (cannot remember the exact year right now, and too tired to look it up), and nearly all the species of the Corvids (Crows in some States can be hunted), eliminated the collecting, taking or even possessing salvaged/roadkill of virtually every native bird, their feathers, skeletons/bones, nests or eggs found in N. America. Fortunately, there are the exceptions for the traditional Waterfowl, Upland and Grassland game species which are then regulated by their respective State's hunting statues, regulations & seasons. If you do not want to work with the extremely common and abundant invasive, non-native species that ARE allowed to be taken like the Wood/Domestic/English Pigeon, House Sparrow or European Starling, then try to find some gifted, legally taken and documented Waterfowl species (and there is quite a variety among those, actually - from the Sandhill Crane to the little Sora Rail by State) or farm-raised native waterfowl that can also be purchased outright. Additionally, Upland/Grassland gamebird species like many of the Quail, various Grouse & Ptarmigan, Turkeys, Snipe, Woodcock, Pheasants, the Mourning Dove (in some States) and Prairie Chicken species can be legally harvested and sold, but the regulations vary significantly ("wildly"?) by State for those genera & species. When in doubt, call your State's Department of Fish & Wildlife (or equivalent thereof) and find out the exact status of the species that may interest you in these limited groups & that can be both legally harvested during the game season, but also those that can be legally "bought and sold".

6. Have a lot of them in the yard this time of year. It's a shame they can't be mounted. Beautiful iridescent heads.

7. old60furs

old60furs MO buyers license number is 2465. I need your #

Once they establish their territories and begin nesting, you will have a pair in your yard if you are fortunate. Grackles are not super common. Help yourself to starlings, pigeons and house sparrows.

8. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

She is legit, although it does not change the fact that many of the birds she is looking for are protected and can not be in your possesion.....
    https://www.bigeasymagazine.com/201...-artist-the-taxidermy-of-leslie-dalton-roger/

Richard C likes this.
  9. vfcole

vfcole Member

Wild harvested mourning dove, snipe and woodcock are migratory birds and cannot traded, sold, etc., only gifted. Also, many towns, cities and communities considered themselves bird sanctuaries so be careful taken starlings, English sparrows and pigeons in those areas.

10. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

depredatory blackbirds..... can be killed doing crop damage includes cowbirds grackles redwing blackbirds yellowheaded blackbirds starlings but they are supposed to be disposed of by burning or burying

11. lesliedalton

lesliedalton New Member

sorry everyone, was looking for starlings not grackles