1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bob Cat Dvd

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by drwalleye, May 6, 2019.

1. drwalleye

drwalleye Member

Is there a good dvd out on mounting a Bobcat from start to finish? Thanks

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Taxidermy Training Unlimited has a goodone. McKenzie has one by Jan VanHoesen that is good. I'd get both.

socalmountainman likes this.

3. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

There are many. I own three. Roger Martin (McKenzie), Jan Van Hoesen (WASCO) and Brian Harness 2-disc set (Ozark Woods). They all have different methods of skinning and that will depend on the pose you choose. If I had to choose from these three I think Brian's is more in-depth on skinning and tanning. He also carries his own line of mannikins which I love to use because they come in pieces that fit together as you mount. Joe

magicmick likes this.
  4. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I have the Jan VanHoeson. It is good!

I didn't know Brian Harness had one the including the skinning part.

If you already have a tanned skin Brian Hendricks has a good one using his easy face system. (McKenzie carries it).

5. drwalleye

drwalleye Member

Thanks I was looking at the Brian Hendricks easy face forms thanks for the replies

6. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Brian Harness DVDs are the ones I referred to from Taxidermy Training Unlimited. One is skinning, pressure wash fleshing and Krowtan tanning. The second one continues on with the rest of the prep and mounting processes. You have to order separately as they do not come in a box set.

I have used Brian Hendricks easy set face for a bobcat and it worked well. Don't expect perfection from them if you have little cat experience, however, it will probably look better than if you tried mounting on a conventional head. If you have cat experience, it will come out looking great.

magicmick likes this.
  7. drwalleye

drwalleye Member

thanks!

8. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I am working on one right now that will be available through Taxidermy University. It will probably release sometime in July. It will be titled "Mounting a Competition Bobcat". It will likely be a 4 or 5 disc series geared towards competition taxidermy, but will also cover commercial bobcat taxidermy as well.

9. Cole I started to ask you at the world if you had of thought about doing a competition Bob cat DVD,

10. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Sounds interesting! Taxidermy University? Haven't heard of that yet. Are you distributing this yourself or through a third party?

11. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

Cool

12. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Both. You can purchase through me, and receive free shipping anywhere in the US. They are also carried by Matuska Taxidermy Supply. I currently have a 4 disc series on mounting a competition deer with World Champion Clint Rickey, and a 3 disc series on Mounting a Competition Turkey with Third in World winner Blake Reiminger. I also have Molding and Casting a Fish with Cole Cruickshank, Painting a Black Crappie with Cole Cruickshank, and Painting a Largemouth Bass with Jimmy Lawrence. We have several more scheduled to be filmed this summer.

13. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

I have Blake's Turkey DVD 4-disc set, it is great! Looking forward to your Bobcat DVD Cole!

Cole likes this.
  14. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member