1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fish Replicas Needs

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by hunte567, May 7, 2019.

1. hunte567

hunte567 Member

Im looking for input on the best fish replicas. I need 2 barracudas, a 77" goliath grouper, a 80" gar, and 2 big yellow fin tuna. Thanks

2. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

"Best" depends on one's definition of what they like in a distributor. I don't like finishing the blanks and natural looking positioning & realism is important to me. For those species my go to would be "Warren's" (Rineharts). One stop shopping saves on shipping. Then you have New Wave of course. Warren's has a huge selection though so hence my first choice. Might find them all at Warren's...

jigginjim likes this.

3. olebarnette

olebarnette Active Member

The only place to buy salt water fish like those would be King Sailfish mounts in Ft Lauderdale FL

4. FishArt

Don't about that. Warren's has every one of those species and a good number of sizes. Don't know about exact sizes though. Goliath might be a problem anywhere. JMO...

John C likes this.
  5. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

Jimmy Lawrence did a 76 inch Warsaw Grouper recently. He used an Archie Philips blank. The spiny dorsal fin would need altered, but it is a similar size and build.

~S

hunte567 and FishArt like this.
  6. FishArt

I was up on Warren's website looking for another fish and took a quick peek. They actually have a 76" Goliath/Jewfish. Here's a pic of a 65" Goliath (before glossing) from Warren's I did for the Cook County Circuit Court Judge in Chicago a couple of years back. Very nice blank and light as a feather! GoliathFishSpecialties.jpg

JL, hunte567 and Sotired like this.
  7. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    My choice for large salt water is new wave
    Fresh water is lake country
    Archie has some good blanks
    But never rule out rich B
    All these guys and others have some good blanks
    Dave Campbell Terry W
    It comes down to personal choice
    Check out what suits your needs

Sotired and FishArt like this.
  8. FishArt

Clew - don't forget Envision3D too! Probably the best value out there for the money and realistic positioning. For saltwater I agree that NW has some of the nicest stuff. But, I've gone to a 90-120 day turnaround and their shipping costs make them some of the most expensive on the market. Worth every penny though because their detail and positioning are unmatched in the saltwater arena - again IMO!

Sotired likes this.
  9. Richs Taxidermy

Richs Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Did nt think Dave Campbell was selling anymore

10. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Oh yeaaa Marty forgot about 3D
    Good choice
    Also Bauman
    Cl

FishArt likes this.