1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anyone Have Any World Show Results?

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by oldyellowdog, May 16, 2019.

1. Swissfish

Swissfish Well-Known Member

@Lance.G
    I'm only an European stranger, but I'm very experienced (...as already mentioned) when it comes to produce big shows.
    Now, I don't think that the WTC can be compared with the NTA nor with the ETC or vis versa. All of this 3 biggest shows on that planet have their own rules, copy rights, property rights, commitments, ownerships, business strategies etc. etc.
    It's like in the industry, tell me one reason why it should stop when it comes to competitions.
    The ONLY thing which is similar in my eyes, is that all of them have the goal to bring our fascinating profession named taxidermy on the next level in general and defend it against a stronger and stronger blowing wind from the other side, the fundamental animal protectors and such.
    I truly feel myself very honoured, that with what I'm posting here fells at least partially in open ears, being the outlaw what I am. I only want to clear some confusion, and sometimes the 3. view of an outsider like me, is not bad for this.
    I said this also openly on my short speach at the WTC Award Bankett: I love America, I love all of you great guys and I am fully aware what you over there have achieved for where we stand now in taxidermy worldwide.
    Thank you so much for your compliment, it means a lot to me.

Frank E. Kotula and Lance.G like this.
  2. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

Matthias, I’m not frustrated, I am critical, but am also as you note without having experienced by attendance the event calling itself a “world show.”

Therefore, admittedly, I may be naive on the ins and outs of this affair. As stated in my previous post, I am open to learning those matters and happy to receive that education.

However, I hope my lack of “experience” may be seen to also provide an aspect of impartiality. I doubt for many that will be much considered.

Recognizing your recent personal attendance of the “world show” and your description of how it has been for years following the event, I’m not sure how your response does anything but support my exact conclusion.

I am aware of the difficulty and expense of competition in both the US, Europe, and by the way, the rest of the world. In fact this is in my thoughts when I ask how is it that even the names of awardees have not been provided for the World to take note of. When I think of contributors to this forum from far off places, I wonder, how can my peers experience this global display of great artistry when I who reside so closely cannot even get an update on the results from the event website a month since conclusion? If the answer is buy the magazine, then I fear this “world show” is less than the name suggests, certainly, than it can be.

I enjoy your sort of friendly challenge for me to know first hand the joys of this competition and for us to meet. I hope you can cope better with my friendly challenge for this show to do more and to do good.

Swissfish likes this.

3. Swissfish

Swissfish Well-Known Member

@1fish2fish
    Yes, I can cope with your challenge at the address of the WTC. I truly appreciate the warm and friendly ton in our discussion we were able to keep up, even if we don't agree in all aspects.
    As you know, I'm not the producer of the WTC, but I tried to defend the managers there, because as the organiser of one of the other big shows, I know first hand what a huge burden of work still lays on their shoulders, also....and especially after the event.
    I'm 100% sure that some of your critical points are in the works and will be solved. E.g. if you go on the website you find the winners list of 2017. This will be replaced by the actual one, surely in the next time.
    I guess it only takes a bit more time than you may have expected.
    Thank you, have a good one!

4. 1fish2fish

Yes. It’s now August and still mum. The only thing slower than WTC results being posted is me getting any taxidermy completed.

Enjoy the end of summer. I like your loyalty, spirit, and thoughtfulness; though I still can’t get around the lack of show related news like you seem to.

Best, Scott

5. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

DE375530-F95C-442F-88C0-CD29DFD3760E.png 82FD148F-5AAA-49F7-AA5F-17D212FF1F46.png .

#1 Whitetail Clint Rickey

My apologies guys I didn’t realize this post was in the FISH section , I was scrolling around on my phone , seen World post and posted pic . Again sorry

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    Fallenscale and Micah Howards like this.
  6. 1fish2fish

Great photos, thanks for sharing.

I see the piece won Best of Show at the NTA. https://www.taxidermy.net/ken/
    Kens Corner has a bunch of great photos from NTA. Maybe now it’s over, there will be some more on the World Show.