1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Coyote Scraps; Rear Left Paw, Ears, Belly Fur

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Cbntmtngal, May 22, 2019.

1. Cbntmtngal

Cbntmtngal New Member

Hello all, I was given a restoration project! I need a replacement left rear paw with fur that goes up about 5", a set of ears, and some inner thigh and lower abdomen replacement patches.

I'm trying to keep it as affordable as possible, I've seen there's some life-size coyote pelts but those range from $125-250, and I'd prefer to exhaust all options before buying a quality hide and hacking it apart.

Thank you!

2. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

what part of the country did the original coyote come from? impossible to match any replacement parts withiot knowing. color, fur length, and density.

3. Cbntmtngal

Cbntmtngal New Member

Original coyote came from the states, Idaho, Montana area.
    But it's such an old/damaged mount that any lighter brown/tan will work. They just want him patched together as best as it can be done, for as cheap as possibe. And it'll be in a dim bar, so again, it's not a trophy mount, just an affordable patch job I'm doing for a friend.

4. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

ck with ed buck and see if he has any low grades he can sell you cheap. ed is on here every day. ed deals in all high end skins, but maybe he got one back from the tannery with damage.