1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What Happened To The Gamehead Of The Month?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by AZ~Rich, May 22, 2019.

1. AZ~Rich

AZ~Rich " Africa" never fails to satisfy

Nothing posted for May and I was wondering why it disappeared. Any one know the reason?

2. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

T-Net is Dead RIP.
    Q the Tumbleweeds

3. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Rich, just create the thread. Someone has to. If you create it..... maybe someone will post. But wa is right...not but a few of us still stopping in here.

4. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Sad isn't it? What was once a very active site has become a skeleton of what it was.

Fortunately we still have the achieves to fall back on and there are still some very knowledgeable members on here will to share their expertise.

BrookeSFD16 and Lexie Neff like this.
  5. NMJagdHunter

NMJagdHunter Ted Wenner

I hope im right, but I see the resurgence of forum based platforms. The facebox is censoring things related to our industry way too much, eventually people will leave . . . I hope. How many hunting groups have been taken down in recent months by the facebook thought police, the largest one in Australia and the largest one in Texas that I know of just recently. The antis attacked my business facebook last year, when I reported it to Facebook (like a few hundred one star reviews and mostly profanity laden reviews in a few days), facebook instead removed all my previous reviews from actual clients and left only the new negative reviews . . . imagine that. Keep the GHOTM going Rich!

KatieC, sarahdj and BrookeSFD16 like this.
  6. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right Ted! I'll be here regardless, and if we want to continue to be able to share knowledge of our craft complete with pics, we're going to need places like this!

Anyone can post a thread! Just do it!

7. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

X2 - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

This site sure hasn't changed much in the attitude or education department over the last 8 years I've been involved with it... So here's some help for those blessed with the eyes to see and the ears to hear....

1. An " over abundance of attitude ", and an " under abundance " of observation, education, and patience is absolutely why this site is dead and will never live again...

2. EVERY social media site available today offers not only taxidermy knowledge but today's taxidermy knowledge at it's apex.......complete with picture availability and a bag of chips!!! Not to bust anyone's bubble here but if you don't think it is not only now the standard, but will be greatly improved upon in EVERY future endeavor from Facebook to Snap Chat and beyond you are definitely in for a surprise!

3. Forums may be making a comeback, but Taxinet has it's own particular toxic tendencies.

4. Anyone who has any knowledge of Taxinet over the years knows everyone who hosts a " OF THE MONTH " thread has certainly paid more than their dues on this site, and are particularly busy.. Rick, Cody, the different bird hosts and others work hard to make this happen every month. Others mentioned above frequently are a week or more late but have stayed dedicated to this site through the attitudes and everything else! Why? God Knows we sure don't have to...

5. Yes it is true, ANYONE can start a thread.

6. It's also true that SOME PEOPLE shouldn't.

7. Finally, it's truly a travesty what this site has become.. A great number of our best educators have been run off.

So with that, after enough years of hosting " Game Head of the Month ", I'm handing in my resignation...

You guys are absolutely right, ANYONE can post a thread.... I'm moving on to become SOMEONE.. It's all yours! :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    sarahdj likes this.
  9. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

I have similar sentiments. Though I’m guilty of letting the busy overrun my time, I backed off, a lot, from being pretty active on here when the hateful sarcasm raised to a higher point than I was interested in seeing. I’d love to see a change in that!!

10. AZ~Rich

AZ~Rich " Africa" never fails to satisfy

Steven, with this post, I certainly did not intend to start any kind of criticism of you or this site. I was purely curious about what might have happened with May’s GHOTM. Certainly one’s life and commitments take precedence over anything on here. I for one appreciated your contributions. If I knew then what would be the resultant decisions and discussion I would have never posted it. The only way this site improves is if all of us make a commitment to keep all the negativity and sarcastic attitudes out of it. No one is perfect nor should be our expectations of others be perfect. If everyone just tried to post with the overall intent to add something positive, things might change for the better. Thank you Steven for carrying the baton for so long.

11. landdepot

landdepot Active Member

What happened to game head of the month??? Well it used to be Game head of the week,..if that tells you anything....and it used to stretch into 6 or 7 pages or more. I never was a full timer,..not even close. Just one of those guys who did some work in the basement for several years for friends. Ended up chasing other interest in sporting art as I call it and sold my equipment etc,...I still visit on occasion and post a project,..and the game head thread is the first thing I look for. It actually is a great bell weather for activity here.

I don't have any idea what happened here but I will say that I belong to multiple forums related to other interest I have much like this and they are still going strong,...so instagram etc,..hasn't been the demise of the forum platform in general IMHO. Back when this place was rockin one thing I remember was the raging debates,...and I mean about anything...and it didn't take much to start one either lolol. I never had a horse in the race so I didn't care,..I'd take the education I was looking for and read the rest for entertainment or keep trucking.

There was the DP vs Tanning debates
    Krotan vs whatever debates
    Is Krotan a tan debate
    Shipping costs debates
    The guy down the street does this debates
    Full timer vs part timer debates
    There would even be debates on end about defining what "taxidermy" even is,...lol

You name it,..it was beat to death and got personal for many. All that is fine and I really don't care for a heavily moderated forum,...but perhaps a little more of it could have helped here,...I really don't know.

I do remember thinking when there was a bunch of stuff going on with some big taxidermy association that it bled over into this site pretty heavy. Some big long threads posted on that stuff,....I do feel like that hurt the site quite a bit.

I still love taxidermy and will always be a regular visitor even if it is just to look at some of the great work you guys are doing. I love this place. I know Mr. Klee has been kicking off the GHOTM for a while now,..he does some fine work,...and also a guy named Verne,..don't know either from Adam but glad they still post. To whoever owns the site now I hope they keep the doors open,...there is endless amounts of great info some talented guys have shared here at the fingertips for those that wish to search for it.

These are just the ramblings of a by and large observer over the years,...my opinion,..probably worth what it cost ya. -Aaron