1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What Kind Of Parrot Is This?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by KLFL, May 31, 2019.

1. KLFL

KLFL Active Member

What kind of parrot is this? And is it legal for sale? What should I ask price if it’s legal for sale....

C6D14B87-F2AF-4D2D-AF56-D6393427D68C.png

2. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

Yellow headed Amazon.

Vicki Chritton-Myers likes this.

3. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

he shouldn't have ran with scissors

Chippers likes this.
  4. Double Yellow Head Amazon, I believe. Actually, both Yellow Head and Double Yellow Head refer to the same bird. I'd always thought the Double had a lot more yellow. I have a Yellow-Naped Amazon. Very similar but has just the back of the head/neck (nape) that is yellow. Have had her 25 years and she has a decent vocabulary. Also have a green-winged macaw. Not so talkative, says a few words. And isn't nearly so friendly. He was sweet when I was hand-feeding him, but he's about 10 years old now and bites!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    John C and socalmountainman like this.
  5. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Would be considered a double yellow head Amazon. Legal .. but .. considering the message along with the photo, I would be doubly cautious about any sales. Ask for a view of the underside of the bird and show both wings and tail stretched out to show all the feathers. If they can not do this, or refuse, then they don't really have the bird. Do not send any cash money, Western Union or Moneygram. Pay Pal ONLY and make sure you DO NOT send it as a gift.

If you are interested in a skeletal mount and some feathers to collect, you probably will be ok. Don't expect miracles for taxidermy. Expect the skin to be slipping and losing feathers if not beginning to decompose when you get it. The attitude along with the photo says to me that they spent a lot of time parading it around and showing it to friends rather than getting it into a freezer ASAP. There are freezer bags in the background but it's a rather asinine, juvenile comment.

6. KLFL

KLFL Active Member

Thanks for assuming I’m a scammer. Go somewhere else with you copy and pasted reply.

7. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

You also failed to read what I wrote. You ask about a bird you don't know what it is. You show someone elses photo of it. You are apparently looking to buy as you wouldn't be selling a bird that you don't own. My answer stands, for you as well as anyone else in the future reading this and contemplating buying something like this online from an unknown source.

Rausch likes this.