1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Gator/crocodile Mount

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by Worldslammer, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Worldslammer

Worldslammer New Member

Really enjoyed doing this piece. Very time consuming! I would love to break it down step by step , but that would take hours.
    I will tell you that the Gator and Croc heads are casts . I have done both, but if you want a quality mount, you have to cast the heads.
    If anybody takes on a project like This for the first time, and would like some input ,fell free to pm me or ask on this thread. Or call 850-232-7764 Ron IMG_1908.jpg

Buddy76, mislynx, Chippers and 2 others like this.
  2. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

Nice mounts!!

Worldslammer likes this.

3. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Great job.

Worldslammer likes this.
  4. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

You did a awesome job!!!
    Tommy

5. BDrake

BDrake Active Member

I have a 13 ft croc that I plan to start in the spring. hide is wet tanned and frozen.
    Never mounted one before. I want to have an Impala in its mouth, Not sure how to make it look like the impala has been clamped down on by the crocs jaws, yet be able to get it in and out of it`s mouth? Was planning to weld sq. tubing to attach the 2 mounts.
    Here is my text number. I will let you know when I start and if you have time to answer ?`s just let me know6146320922Brian

6. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Awesome. I know from personal experience there is a ton of work in that. You did a great job..way better than any of my gator work!