1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Where To Have A Bear Mounted

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Survive7, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Survive7

Survive7 New Member

hi all,

I’ve got a bear I want done in a half life size. My deer taxidermist doesn’t have bear experience and I want it done by a bear expert. I’m from Ohio bit travel all over the us. Willing to take it anywhere. Not worried about price so much. I just want it done really well. Can anyone one here point me to a bear expert? Pics of work appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I'm sure your deer guy can do a fine job on a bear. If he has the ability to please you with deer, why not bear. Is he not interested in doing it? If you are still gonna look check out Matt Defozio Wildlife by Design, he is your neck of the woods, I think and does good work.

Survive7 likes this.

3. Survive7

Survive7 New Member

Thanks! I'll check him out. My current taxi is new and doing great work on my deer. Just not thrilled with the finish detail on his bears.

Thanks again!

4. dslayer1

dslayer1 New Member

If you are still looking for a bear taxidermist, I'm between Cincinnati and Columbus and do several bears each year. Here is a recent Saskatchewan bear we finished this past week complete with habitat. Give me a call if you are interested 937-725-3668. Thanks! bear1.JPG bear2.jpg

Survive7 likes this.
  5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

If money and travel are no issue, you might want to look up "Best Bears in the Business" (on the internet) in Michigan. Dennis Harris produces, if not the very best I want to look at it, bears that you'll find.

https://www.facebook.com/bestbearsinthebusiness/

socalmountainman and Survive7 like this.
  6. Didn't see any flying bears,but he is a very talented man,Ken walker would be up there in bears but too far to travel.

Skywalker and George like this.
  7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

That's the only reason I left Ken off. Canada has some weird laws about crossing the border. Most of what I know about bears came from Ken.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    socalmountainman likes this.