1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tutorials On Soft Mounts?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Sherrick, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Sherrick

Sherrick New Member

Tutorials/books/videos for instruction on how to do a soft mount for a raccoon? Fully wired and pliable? Thanks!

2. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

Most people here are traditional taxidermists but hopefully you can find someone to give you some info or a link. I can't think where to look other than a google search, might be something on Facebook or DeviantArt or somewhere like that.

3. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Stuff on here is for actual taxidermists for the most part. I agree that Deviant Art is probably your best source for that sort of tutorial.

KatieC likes this.
  4. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

There are several tutorials on youtube (none very complete). From what I have seen, You would definitely have to have a good commercially dry tanned hide. The head and feet would be similar, if not the same as traditional taxidermy. From there it is a matter of wether or not to use some sort of armature, wire, etc to give some kind of form and deciding on some sort of filler and sewing it up. Here’s one video that gives some sort of direction as to the process. Good luck!

coroner2 likes this.