1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

African Lion Skin Rug In Florida

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Florida Jay, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Florida Jay

Florida Jay New Member

I inherited an African Lion skin rug that my parents brought over from Africa when they visited in the early 80s. My understanding is it can only be sold in Florida, since it is in South Florida, but if that is not correct, let me know. I am no expert on these, but have seen very few for sale and all of them were in the 5k range. This one is in very good to excellent condition overall, but it was originally trapped and 2 of its paws are obviously different, likely lowering its value some amount. It was never used as a rug. It was hung on a wall, out of the sun, for many years. There is a piece of wood attached to the head that allows it to be wall mounted. The black felt around it has a few minor tears where it was previously stapled to the wall, but it is not in bad condition. The photos taken on the floor were after it was removed from the wall and solely for the purpose of the photos.

I travel around the state of Florida on a regular basis for work, so I can deliver it within a few weeks, depending when I get the next case in your area. Asking price is $4,900 but will consider offers. 20160411_173241.jpg 20160411_173124.jpg 20160604_130840.jpg 20160411_173216.jpg 20160411_173227.jpg

2. Florida Jay

Florida Jay New Member

This is still available. Price is very negotiable so make an offer if interested.

Chevycat likes this.