1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Your First Deer Mount (pics)

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by kythunter, Jun 12, 2019.

1. kythunter

kythunter New Member

Would like to see pictures of your first whitetail mount especially if you learned watching DVD's like Rick Carter A-Z or Bill Atkins taxidermy 101. I have these DVD's and will mount my first buck this year. Since being on this forum I've learned to appreciate great work and enjoy seeing first mounts. So if you can share pictures and feedback of what you learned from these videos during the mounting process I'd appreciate it.

2. tem

tem Well-Known Member

mines long gone. was so ugly i had to rip it up. about 13 years ago.

3. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Mine was also ditched years ago!

4. Jon.

Jon. New Member

I have a second deer pic but no first

5. poorhobbit

poorhobbit New Member

This is my first try, it still needs to be painted in the pics.

Attached Files:

Fallenscale and Micah Howards like this.
  6. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

I destroyed the evidence years ago.

Chippers and 13 point like this.
  7. Tyc

Tyc New Member

0B8BD866-62FE-46D2-8C6A-082B37176BD6.jpeg First one on my own. I did work for a taxidermist to learn a few years ago.

Fallenscale and Micah Howards like this.
  8. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Sorry I’ll try to find a pic but it was 34 years ago so I’m not promising anything.

9. dale65

dale65 Active Member

Wish I had a pic of my first one just to see how bad it really was couse I learned it the hard way with one of Ariche Phillips books 30 years ago

10. dale65

dale65 Active Member

Not saying anything was wrong with Ariches books it was just the times and not many people would tell you much back then but I still managed to learn it

11. Triple J Taxidermy

Triple J Taxidermy Active Member

My brother still has that joker on his wall even though I've begged him to let me remount it about 500 times. I'll say though it still looks as good as it did 33 years ago.o_O

12. Chippers

Chippers Member

A bit of a hot mess, but I was honestly expecting him to be way, way worse. [​IMG]

Fallenscale likes this.