1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Your First Deer Mount (pics)

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by kythunter, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I don't have a picture of my first deer, but I do have a picture of my first ever mount. From 1975. :)

1974-pigeon-600.jpg

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  2. Tgodoy32

Tgodoy32 New Member

This was my first. 2011

Attached Files:

3. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

This mount is nearing forty years old. The only reason I kept it was because I discarded my first mount ever (pheasant hen) and have always been sorry I did. I keep this head as a reminder of even though I am nowhere near commercial grade quality (in my opinion, my wife says otherwise but I guess she feels she has to say that) I have come a long way. IMG_2542.JPG

kythunter and Micah Howards like this.
  4. crs

crs Member

N Tx
    1966 Northwestern School of Taxidermy and JW Elwood Supply co, course was $10 paid a dollar a month from paper route and selling pop bottles. Used the skull and a couple of pieces of plywood, then wrapped neck. Kept supplies under my bunkbed including arsenic I bought myself at 11 y/o. In the early 90's I attended a funeral of a woman who's father had graduated from NWSoT in 1910 we had the same "diploma" except mine was J W Elwood IV his was J W Elwood. Same books I'll post pic next time

ozzie and kythunter like this.