1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Turkey King Online Video

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by edstaxidermy, Jun 12, 2019 at 8:51 PM.

1. edstaxidermy

edstaxidermy New Member

Has any one tried the Sterling turkey king online course.

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Yes I did/do. Very in-depth and easy to understand. It is one way to mount a strut turkey from start to finish. I used a lot of what he teaches on there as well as other technics from other DVDs I have from other taxidermists. I feel that it was worth the money. My one concern is that at some point, being an online course, I don't own a hard copy. What happens if they discontinue the website? Will I lose those videos forever?

I have watched it enough that I rarely go on there anymore. Mostly because I have the technics down and I don't do taxidermy any more.

3. I bought this video as well. Like Tanglewood said it is easy to understand and there is a lot of information in it. The techniques shown can produce a solid commercial bird. I followed this video step by step when I mounted my first turkey and while it was far from perfect I was happy with the results for my first. I would agree that it is worth the money but I have also continued to watch other's videos and research online to see other methods that could work better for me or that could help produce better results.

Tanglewood Taxidermy likes this.
  4. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Very valid point. I think if the website closes you are out of luck. I prefer a hard copy as well. I am pretty sure the purpose of the online version is to stop illegal copying of the disc.