1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

So, Am I A Bad Guy ?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by R.J. Meyer II, Jun 14, 2019.

1. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

Curious on what others think....

Me:
    I have the following TANNED items for sale. All were tanned at the Wildlife Gallery. The deer were wet tanned, the bears dry tanned and then soaked up to measure. I and retiring at the end of June and need to move these so I am just looking to basically recover tanning costs. I have been on this site since day one and still can't figure out how to post pics so please text or email me and I will promptly send you a picture if you like.

R.J. Meyer 616-826-9409 or [email protected]

Cash, paypal or credit card...you pay shipping.

5 Deer and 1 Bear capes are $48.00 ea.
    1/2 life size bears are
    $95.00 ea.
    ****All of the above for $250.00****

Me: Please let me know if you want any of these. I have a list of people but you were first on the list

Him: Would you do 150 shipped. Priority mail, all three shouldn't be that much or 200 for all the deer

Me: No, sorry. I have a buyer at $250.00 which is a great deal. I have marked them sold on Taxinet, thanks for your interest though.

Him: WOW, thanks for giving me a chance WTF, I wanted the three just thought I would ask about the others.

Me: Sorry you feel that way. I thought I was clear in the post on prices and who paid shipping. I thought it was already a bargain so I was not looking to negotiate.
    I had a buyer willing to paying what I was asking and you were not. Again I'm sorry, its just business.

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Yep, you're the 'Bad guy". You knew that before you asked. Just kidding.

3. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    Yep! Only the anti-Christ would sell to someone who offered his asking price!!!

tem and socalmountainman like this.
  4. Lance.G

Lance.G Active Member

Your dealing with someone that’s entitled. Probably a dem.

tem, Audra, msestak and 1 other person like this.
  5. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

Well first off Mr. Meyer II,
    You did offer a great deal and I should of jumped on all of them but only really needed ONE for a customer and possibly one for a personal remount. I really didn't want to bother you for one cape so I'll get 3. I even called my customer and told him I finally got you a short hair cape, had to buy a couple extra but we do have a couple to choose from when they arrive, he was over excited and I was glad the search was over. I could of bought all of them and tripled my money easily on eBay, only needed one. Since you said I was first, thinking wow an honest seller on TAX/NET and I'm getting a great deal.
    I really thought I would have more than 5 minutes to ask a couple questions after pictures were sent, that I didn't get. In his 1st email subject line had said "SOLD" I was thinking why send me the pictures then so I emailed him back any way. Then he emailed saying he sold all to one person (why send pictures). Could of said I need more for shipping which would of been fine but hell no. Again if he would of said would like to sell all, I would of just took them all, cape for my customer and money to be made on ebay and I could mounted a deer of mine, first deer from many years ago.
    We talked on the phone about the BIG 8 inch eye to nose size and the little necks. He sent me the three pictures I was interested in and I responded with the $150.00 offer, basically what he wanted, $6.00 toward shipping. I figured with the 6.00 extra toward the shipping that would work. I told him the shipping Priority may wouldn't be much to 19809. I thought if he said NO he would just say he would need more for shipping. I would pay and be happy. NO I get an email saying they were sold to one person. NO BIG DEAL NOW, like you said just business. Your retiring so don't worry about the other guy..........Earl

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    msestak likes this.
  6. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Been so busy trying to finish up before the deer season starts, I hadn't been on taxinet for a few days. I'm only sorry I didn't see this first. What a great deal to have missed! I also missed the two Dakota V's that D.Price was selling!
    The last two items I purchased on here I wasn't even the first in line. Two others had beat me to the items but, behold!, they didn't even have the money or bailed out so I got them.
    Hoping the buyer bails out on this deal!!!

7. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

Yes sir, you were first in line, unfortunately the second person in line offered what I was asking, $48.00 per cape plus shipping. Once you declined to pay the asking price I moved onto # 2. If a third person offered $300.00 plus shipping, I would have turned him down as someone had already met my asking price. It is a mystery to me why so many people feel the need to nickle and dime on some of the already awesome deals on this site. You offered me $6.00 to ship 3 wet tanned capes priority mail.....had you offered the $15 or $20.00 it would actually cost you would be mounting on Wednesday. For the sake of saving 9 or 14 dollars you missed out.
    "Teachable Moment"

John C likes this.
  8. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

Like I said all you had to do was say something, you didn't. You know I wanted them. You thought it was easier to just sell to the next guy. As far as nickel & diming, if you already lost money trying to help a customer because of some other A-HOLE on TAX/NET sold you junk you should try to save a penny to help your loss. YOUR RIGHT I'M WRONG I'M DONE.

9. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

Cool, Thanks...

10. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

R.J., I'm going to ask a rhetorical question: How long have you been a taxidermist? In all that time you never knew taxidermist were the cheapest people you ever dealt with? First bird with the money and no sob story gets the worm.

3bears likes this.
  11. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

"First bird with the money and no sob story gets the worm."

George, I knew I could count on you to break it down into its simplest form. You sir are correct as usual...

12. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

It has always intrigued me that the ones who are always wanting to low ball when they are buying are the same ones who ask ridiculously high prices when they are selling.. Just an observation of 20+ years on this site..

ANDY and qltycapes like this.