1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Turning Fox Feet?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Jamie V, Jun 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jamie V

Jamie V New Member

Can anyone instruct me how to rearrange fox feet so that the toes are in the right position and the claws don’t overlap? It’s a newly tanned dry tanned fox. (There was saw dust on the feet when they came if that helps.) Thank you!
    (I did not rehydrate yet)

Mopang likes this.
  2. Brian Hendricks has some good you tube videos,lots of good info.

3. Jamie V

Jamie V New Member

Thank you. I’ve watched many of his videos but I couldn’t find one that showed it. The ones I found showed the feet already turned.

4. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Were relief cuts made on the back of the leg when skinning? This would allow easier inversion of the foot. I'm really not understanding your dilemma.

Jamie V likes this.
  5. Jamie V

Jamie V New Member

Yes there are relief cuts but the cuts stop before the toe pads. I want the feet to have the toes and claws normally lined up but they’re all bunched up and very hard to the touch

6. It's dry tanned ,so I think once you rehydrate it everything including the feet should straighten out,the sawdust is what they use to tumble the hide .

Jamie V likes this.
  7. Jamie V

Jamie V New Member

Okay thank you so much! I appreciate it.

8. And you could also call the tannery ,they'll walk you through any questions you have.

9. ice

ice Member

Alaska
    Rehydrate before anything. Take care not to “overstuff” each toe with clay, just enough to represent toe bone, which is very thin. Helps if you shape the clay then freeze before inserting into toe.

magicmick likes this.
  10. Reanimate

Reanimate New Member

Do not give this person advice, they are a known scammer and steal other peoples photos to claim as their own work. They are banned from several groups and are now attempting to turn to here. Proceed with caution.