1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Paddlefish Advice

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by jimmy s., Jun 17, 2019.

1. I tried to use the search function on this thread but kept getting an error message.

I shot a paddlefish bowfishing this weekend and would like to do a Euro on it. And advice what to dos, what not to dos would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jimmy

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Have yet to do one for myself. Haven't been able to locate a big one. Beetles are the only way to do it. Anything else ruins that network of bone.

How big was it Jim? Picture? Did you eat any of it? Keep hearing mixed reviews for it's "ok" to "best fish to eat ever".

3. Well, I dont have beetles so I may as well chunk it. I only macerate my heads. It was 50" or so, would touch the ground from my chest. I did take some pics of it. The meat was delicious. We cut it up into small bite sized pieces and fried up. I wish I had a freezer full of it. If you have beetles youre welcomed to it as I do not.

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

I would love to tackle one and see how it comes out. I would be willing to pay you something for it as well as all shipping. email me? [email protected]

If it was a female, did you keep the caviar too?

Not a lot of info on here about cleaning them. Best bit I found is below:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  5. Sent you an email.