1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Armadillo

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by rocketman, Jun 30, 2019.

1. rocketman

rocketman New Member

I have been catching and trying to skin Armadillos lately.. The body goes easily, but the inside of the armored tail is kicking my butt.
    Does anyone have a good method to clean the inside of the tail out without destroying it??

Thanks

2. 1stturkey

1stturkey Member

never done one but have one in freezer that I plan to. I found an old tutorial on here some years ago. It's on that page somewhere. ...

3. Those cross bones in the tail are tough. A good set of cutters, there is not any easy way. Just cut cut cut.

4. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

5. The CDC says it is possible to contract leprosy through contact with armadillos, but it is usually unlikely.
    Leprosy is a rare disease, and there are on average 50 to 100 cases in the United States every year, according to Dr. Sunil Joshi, president-elect of the Duval County Medical Society in Florida.
    Joshi said leprosy, much like tuberculosis, is spread through coughing and sneezing, but 95% of the human population is immune to the disease.