1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Armadillo

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by rocketman, Jun 30, 2019.

1. rocketman

rocketman New Member

I have been catching and trying to skin Armadillos lately.. The body goes easily, but the inside of the armored tail is kicking my butt.
    Does anyone have a good method to clean the inside of the tail out without destroying it??

Thanks

2. 1stturkey

1stturkey Member

never done one but have one in freezer that I plan to. I found an old tutorial on here some years ago. It's on that page somewhere. ...

3. Those cross bones in the tail are tough. A good set of cutters, there is not any easy way. Just cut cut cut.

4. The CDC says it is possible to contract leprosy through contact with armadillos, but it is usually unlikely.
    Leprosy is a rare disease, and there are on average 50 to 100 cases in the United States every year, according to Dr. Sunil Joshi, president-elect of the Duval County Medical Society in Florida.
    Joshi said leprosy, much like tuberculosis, is spread through coughing and sneezing, but 95% of the human population is immune to the disease.