1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Come Back!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Rick Carter, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Just looking. Lol

msestak and BrookeSFD16 like this.
  2. Dave thats true, but when you click on recent activity. Its loaded up with all the dam dumb ass political pictures ,one after another, and all the post from current events. Takes for ever to get through it. To see if there IS Any thing ( taxidermy) worth reading.
    Its the first thing that i click on (recent activity. ) Todays its annoying clutterd with the political pics. Its pushed me away some.
    Leave current events, but it should be removed from recent activity ,and even new post. Like you said if someone wants to read or engage they can just go to current events, or not.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019

3. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

orangebutton.jpg

Me thinks only a handful on here even recall what I'm talking about here - ha!

msestak likes this.
  4. Buckfever,I think a lot of people feel the way you do.If you notice it's the same people posting political hogwash!!!

Triple J Taxidermy likes this.
  5. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

Buckfever,I think a lot of people feel the way you do.
    WOW! That’s frightening

6. Aint it. !!!!!!!!!#

7. The political crap needs to be removed period. Hell I would rather argue about dry preservative vs tan!!

8. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Come on guys, some of the political crap gets pretty asinine but it is relevant to us all and many of these guys are just venting to others that they hope are like minded but, there are trolls. As stated don't fricken read it, if you don't like it.
    Rick Carter, I sent you a message when you first started this thread and have yet to get a response.

Lake's Taxidermy likes this.
  9. 3 bears. You know ol buck luvs you , but I couldn't disagree more.
    The name of the web. Is TAXIDERMY. NET. Not taxidermy and I hate democraps/repotards.
    Ken should remove it and start a second website, money in the bank. The so called experts can troll there and we can get back to the best of life topics
    Dp vs tanning,
    2 gas or not, My best adhesive bondo ,
    Bondo vs earliners. Usps vs ups,
    $400.00 vs $600.00 , George the taxidermy perfectionist or literary asshole,
    Fulltimers vs part timers,
    National license standard or not, NTA or srew-em, low ballers are scum or just surviving, 555 vs pro 1, McKenzie gouges on shipping or practices sound business decesions, clean neat shops vs cluttered cant find crap shops, yes i could keep going with the list, my point is there is plenty to get tempers to flare, show your ignorance or intelligent side, on taxidermy subject's Without bringing Trump did, said, aint did, all up in here.
    You mention revelant to us, sure but when I want (that) there is CNN, FOX ,CBS, NBC for that.
    Its kinda dumb looking for pepsi in a coke machine aint it?
    I aint looking for political advise, or someones opnion on it, in this taxidermy machine either.

msestak, 13 point, Ron Kelly and 4 others like this.
  10. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Buck ol ,buddy I ain't looking for it either but the same could be said about your bar. I'm not trying to pick on you at all just using the bar to make a point. It has nothing to do with taxidermy. I do agree with the rest of your last post I
    love a good debate about Bondo or gasn birds and such as. Oh and to expand on that Bondo has adhesive properties and I use gas dammit.

11. Oh trust me i knew the bar was my rope in the debate. No. Issue taking with using it. Other than me being the author of the most posted in post in taxnet history would be the most views if it wasnt for a. Survey i made that Ken had to fix., that screwd the stats up. anyways It shouldn't be here either.
    Did i tell you its # 1 and im the author huh ? Did I
    Not to change the subject but still on subject, i kinda ment for the bar to be like a chat room, any an all subject matter at one time. It never caught on with the masses. Point is a chat room would fix the current event issue . free to engage in any topic scrolling . yet it falls in to obscurity in a day or so. No culltering up other places with the junk.

msestak, 3bears and Micah Howards like this.
  12. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

It does say that the current events page is for topics NOT directly related to taxidermy, so, any of those topics on there are appropriate for the page. Once freeze goes meme crazy on a post, I pretty much abandon it.

13. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Sorry, I thought I sent you a message already. I don't know much of anything technical on computers. Send Ken Edwards a message.

msestak likes this.
  14. Dave York

I don’t understand why one forum, That You Don’t Have To Get On, gets people upset? There’s forums for every other thing mentioned.
    Over the years I’ve noticed that if someone posts something positive or
    Funny it gets a few responses. Post something about Global Warming being factual and look out.
    I maybe wrong but a website like this gets revenues from advertisers based on how many people use it and how often. Take away the current events forum and that decreases those numbers.

15. Dave my beef isn't with the current event fourm, its with it loading up recent activity list to death.
    Your right on the numbers = advertisement $. But the fact remains there where more participating people before, current events and bickering. Blame the depature on any reason beside that all one wants. But I would bet the farm loosing it and most defenitly policeing the bickering, would increase the participants. Maybe, maybe not , but isnt it worth the effort before it all folds up.
    Me I go there. Oviously to the bar, but the political post never will get my click.
    I think actually we all pull up a chair to a good fight on some post. But those political bickering, just isn't fun to watch period. I guess a few do blow their wads on it.

msestak likes this.
  16. Half the time when I log on the recent activity is filled with political crap or either somebody selling a box of beaver nuts! Maybe when deer season gets in it will get better.

Lake's Taxidermy and msestak like this.
  17. Click on each forums, skip the stuuf you need to know.

msestak likes this.
  18. I
    Might try that but first let me google what stuuf is,

msestak likes this.
  19. Dave York

I rarely even look at that recent activity stuuf.

20. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware of a "latest reply" area until I read through this. I always just went to the topic I wanted and clicked on posts I was interested in.

GWebb and msestak like this.