1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Northwest Iowa School Of Taxidermy

Discussion in 'Training' started by Sam 10November1775, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Sam 10November1775

Sam 10November1775 New Member

After over fifty years of working at a job I did not enjoy much I have retired and feel it is time for me to do something for myself; to fulfill a dream I have had since I was twelve years old. I have done some taxidermy over the years. My work is "Okay" but not that great and certainly not as good as I would like. I have several of videos but there is nothing like doing taxidermy and being able to ask questions as you go along.

A former co-worker gave me brochures from several taxidermy schools he considered going to and told me about this taxidermy forum. I have been doing some research on different schools and have narrowed it down to just a couple.

Before I jump into anything I would like to get some input. If you have attended the Northwest Iowa School of Taxidermy I would like to hear from you. I would like input from those who actually attended this school!

What did you like about the school?

What did you dislike?

Did you get your moneys worth?

Was it lacking in anything that you felt should have been covered in more detail?

This is big; did they have enough instructors to give you the attention you needed when you needed it or did you have to wait in line to get help?

A lot of questions but they are all important.

With tuition fees of close to $9,000.00 I want to be sure it is the right school before I put my money down.

Thank you for any input.

Sam

2. Sam 10November1775

Correction on the price. I was on the Matuska website and it says the tuition is $10,850.00 now. That brochure must have been pretty old.

3. Sam 10November1775

Hasn't anyone on here gone to ISOT or does not one want to comment?

4. Tom and the rest of the crew are great people,Tom has over 40 years in the bussiness,Bret Wingfield is a world champion,ton of knowledge to be learned at that school.