1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Help With Mt Goat Form Size

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by HOOKJAW, Jul 25, 2019.

1. HOOKJAW

HOOKJAW Member

I'm mounting my first life size Mt goat. Unfortunately I don't have carcass measurements. I soaked and sweated the tanned skin (wildlife Gallery). I laid the skin and stretched for girth and length and was careful not to overstretch and distort. Here is my problem... my length (tip of nose to tail base seems way off compared to form sizes offered. I understand that I may have to alter any commercial form to fit. For those experienced with mt gts do my measurements seem as if they were done correctly. eye/nose 8 1/8, girth 48, nose to tail base 70, neck 18. The length seems out of wack with form sizes offered even though i was careful to only go to tail base. I would appreciate advice on form selection...thanks to all

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I'm not a goat expert but those measurements are close to a form in the McKenzie catalog. You may be able to get a little more girth out of that skin and in the mean time shorten the length. Page 417 middle of the list. 8x17 3/4x54x64

3. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

you can measure an animal with its neck pulled back or streched out and get way different measurements that length measurement can be a bit off and you will be fine