1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Your Choice Of Degreaser Tank Heating

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by AlanCoderre, Jul 25, 2019.

1. AlanCoderre

AlanCoderre Member

I am looking to build a new degreaser tank this year. I currently have been using a stock tank with a water heater element. Do you think that it is more cost affective to run a bucket heater instead? If not would you recommend a 240volt or 110volt heater element? I am trying to cut down some costs this year and keep the wife happier.

2. You should set it up depending on how many you degrease each year. I do around 100 per year and my set up is all 110 volt. It would be hard to do a lot using bucket heaters imo.

Mine is far from perfect but I use a 75 gallon rubber stock tank. I have a 1500 watt heater with thermostat built in installed in the side about halfway up. I put 2 submersible pumps from tractor supply in side and just let them circulate the water. The temp of the water is easily kept at 112-115 degrees. I put 4 five gallon buckets in the water with 2 heads per bucket. The electric bill isn't much more during deer season versus summer months when degreaser is shut off.