1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Finally! No More Noisy Compressor!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Cecil, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Actual price was $179.00

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  2. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

C1E3E5D9-E179-448E-8398-0720D40C8737.jpeg Guess I’ll be using my old chug-a-lug forever. It’s at least in the back room. Came out of my in-laws general store. It’s been pumping air since 1930!

3. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

You will never get one to last that long today Joey! I have my compressor in a separate building with black pipe to my shop so I don't have to hear it.

rogerswildlife likes this.
  4. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Lol now what’s going to be your excuse for saying sorry hunny I didn’t hear you lol

I’m not sure what I would do in total silence. My mind would just go bananas

antlermike and Cecil like this.
  5. I never have total silence I'm always talking to myself or talking to what I'm working on. Lol

Show & Tell and Cecil like this.
  6. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Guys I put the noisy compressor in a separate room and it was just as loud! I'm telling you this thing is loud! I've actually had customers jump when it kicks on!

7. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Bought a silent Iwata a few years back and now I can play my radio at a much lower volume - ha! Shoulda made the investment decades ago! Iwata a much better value than the Silentaire btw...

antlermike likes this.
  8. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Now you tell me Marty! :rolleyes::p

FishArt likes this.
  9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I'm going deaf? I need to call the VA an see if I can get a hearing aid! I have trouble understanding words on the TV and answering machine! You know your'e getting old when you need the sub captions on the TV!

10. Say what

11. FishArt

Come to think of it, I told you I bought an Iawata compressor the last time you were on the Silentaire rampage! You're memory is going Cecil - ha! $300 is a great deal though for a used one, so it was worth the wait!

12. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

As usual I was messing with you Marty. Actually the compressor itself was only $179.00.

Oh and as you can probably see on Facebook it appears the compressor is in some USPS black hole. Was supposed to arrive last Friday and it's still in transit! I will be looking it over good for damage as the longer it's in transit...

FishArt likes this.
  13. FishArt

Cecil, $300 is a good buy - $179 is a crazy good deal! Assuming it's in good working order that is!

14. FishArt

So now that your used Silentaire compressor fell thru, you can now look for a used Iwata - ha! The Iwata is sealed so it never needs oil, just another plus in my book!

Cecil likes this.
  15. Show & Tell

Show & Tell New Member

Sometimes you just got to talk to someone with some since right... That's what I would say anyways! lmbo

Cecil, Sotired and FishArt like this.
  16. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

But Show & Tell I'm hardest on my myself. Not very nice to moi. :rolleyes: You should hear the choice words I call myself when I do something stupid!