1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Game Head Form Identification

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by AK4EVR, Aug 11, 2019.

1. AK4EVR

AK4EVR Member

I recently picked up a bunch of game heads from a local auction and I’ve identified most of them. These two have me baffled though. I was hoping someone could help me identify these two. I believe the first couple pictures are of a Kudu, the second couple pics I’m guessing is a fallow deer? Let me know if you need any other info or pics. Thanks in advance!!!

7530A0A5-E32E-4AF0-B95F-D37251583F67.jpeg D4EB8E21-B331-42A1-90C7-968C5C6E1B8C.jpeg B7571351-5936-4017-B2C5-7705DB8A9F3F.jpeg 328608E3-89D7-4B82-8BAE-CD0C9C428946.jpeg

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Kinda looks like an old aldad form

3. AK4EVR

AK4EVR Member

I have another Aoudad form in this bunch that I was able to match up to RMI’s G-942 form. The form in the pic has about a 7” ETN. It does have some similarities, just much smaller than the other Aoudad forms I’ve seen

4. 13 point

Bottom pic could be a heartabeast

And yes I suck at spelling and is why I’m a taxidermist lol

5. AK4EVR

AK4EVR Member

LOL, No worries on spelling, I’ve never even see half of these game animals. I do have a hartebeest in the bunch and with their long forehead he comes in at 12” ETN, much larger than the form in question.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  6. 13 point

Ibex maybe
    It’s kinda hard to tell size proportion by pics

AK4EVR likes this.
  7. TMT

TMT Member

Don Holt -Kudu & not sure who sculpted-Aoudad ewe

AK4EVR likes this.
  8. AK4EVR

AK4EVR Member

Thanks to both of you! I know it’s hard to look at a picture and know (I have them in front of me and can’t figure it out). It definitely had the right measurement and similar look for an Ibex. TMT, were you able to find info on it or is that an educated guess?

9. Randy

Randy Huntin Chamios on Mount Cook, New Zealand

To me looks like a target for the grand kids to shoot at?

10. Western Wildlife Art Studio

Western Wildlife Art Studio STUDIO PHONE (406) 356-2100

I'm with Randy.. buying old stuff that has limited use is perfect target for PRE ARCHERY season ,, lol

11. AZ~Rich

AZ~Rich " Africa" never fails to satisfy

Agreed the Don Holt is a Kudu. I think the other is likely a sheep of some kind, as ear butts are low.

12. AK4EVR

AK4EVR Member

Ouch! LOL! My saving grace is I paid $70 for the wildabeest shoulder new, 2 LS black bear forms, a blacktail form, whitetail form, springbok form, 2 whitetail doe forms, hartebeest form and the 2 Aoudad forms. Mounted up the whitetail already which paid for the lot itself.