1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA By-laws. Not Printable. Why Not?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Joe Kish, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Joe Kish

Joe Kish Active Member

Texas
    Has anyone out there downloaded or printed the NTA by-laws off its web site? I tried three different times. All that prints out is the right half of the first page. Can anyone explain why please?

2. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Why don't you call and ask them

Kerby Ross likes this.

3. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Either they got it fixed or its an issue on your end. I just pulled up the pdf and flawlessly printed off 17 pages.

tviper56 and Kerby Ross like this.
  4. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

I agree with Cory. Sounds like a printer setting on your end Joe...

5. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Help him out. Why isn’t Joe’s printer working?

FishArt likes this.
  6. Joe Kish

Joe Kish Active Member

Texas
    Thank you one and all for your assistance and encouragement. As I have demonstrated often enough on this taxi.net, for me this computer stuff is still like being in a foreign country and not knowing the language. This time I clicked on that square box in the upper right hand corner of page one just to see what would happen. When the bylaws went full screen, there was a print icon in the upper right corner. VOILA!

A printed copy is handier for study purposes. I suggest everyone read it and their own association by laws. The Mission Statements is what I've been looking at on numerous taxidermy associations. They all read about the same as most association bylaws were patterned after the NTA's earliest versions. I don't know who wrote this current 2017 amended version of the NTA bylaws, but it has shades of a camel being a horse designed by a committee. That's an exaggeration of course, but the point is this version of the NTA bylaws do not reflect the actual nature and character of a professional taxidermists organization. Or one might say - an organization of professionals.

I plan to have more to say on the subject, but first I have to attend to more urgent business out of state. In the meantime I suggest you all read the NTA bylaws mission statement at least. Then ponder how this organization can possibly "protect the freedom to hunt" and exactly what does it do to "promote wildlife conservation." In a word, nothing.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    rogerswildlife and magicmick like this.
  7. I like printed versions as well, but I like even more a searchable PDF. Look at the top for the small magnifying glass icon, then type in the subject you are searching for and you can locate every instance.

tviper56, rogerswildlife and FishArt like this.