1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Migratory Bird Permit

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by DavidsonT, Aug 16, 2019.

1. DavidsonT

DavidsonT New Member

Just moved to Louisiana,can’t seem to get a response from the feds about a migratory bird permit.Anybody having the same problem,what am I doing wrong?

2. jrandall71

jrandall71 Member

How did you apply for 3-200-8? Was it an amendment from one you currently have or a new application? It took several weeks to months depending on what their work load was for the ones I received.

3. Nana65

Nana65 New Member

I had to contact someone on the West Coast to get them to kick me up the line to someone in DC because the SE office would not respond to my calls or emails. During the govt shutdown a bunch of their employees decided to retire. My permit had been issued but was sitting on a retiree's desk. I applied in Nov. Finally got it in June. It was issued in January!

4. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

You should be talking to the Atlanta Georgia office. You can print out the form, fill it out and send it in to that address in Georgia. I think it's $150. If it's a first time issue it'll take a couple to a few months to get it.

5. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

WOW! $150.00 for this permit. Is that per year? Last time I got one (1985, when I thought I was going to go into the business) I think it was free. The government wants to make a profit on anything and everthing these days I guess.

BrookeSFD16 likes this.
  6. fowlweatherfowler

fowlweatherfowler Active Member

NW Ohio
    I just renewed mine and believe the first time was the same 100 buck for 5 years

7. jrandall71

jrandall71 Member

$100.00 for 5 years was my renewal last year

8. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I got my first one in 1976.

:)

Kerby... migbird76.jpg

9. jrandall71

jrandall71 Member

Only good for two years back then.

10. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

They are renewable every 5 years. The last one I purchased was $100. The cost of not having one would be substantial if you have over the possession limit on ducks in your freezer.

BrookeSFD16 likes this.