1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Finally Doing It “retirement”

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Clew, Aug 19, 2019.

1. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

After I retired, I was offered part time employment in a different division for 4 months due to an employee having terminal cancer. I took the job with some reservations. It was 4 years and 3 months before I got out of the "part time" position. We saved the money, and paid off our mortgage with it. I don't have any regrets. Congratulations on making it to retirement. Hope all your days are full of joy!

Cecil, Clew and msestak like this.
  2. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

Erie, PA
    when i retired i found out it was exactly like being on vacation. you can be as busy as ever or you can be as laid back and lazy as you want to be...i mix it up. :)

sometimes, for fun, i mow the lawn on the riding mower with a tall whiskey & Coke, or bloody mary or whatever i feel like..wheeee

Cecil and joeym like this.

3. swampfox2

swampfox2 Well-Known Member

Congrats, join the club ! I worked a full time job for 35 years and was doing taxidermy part time as well. Health issues stopped me from working full time. I kept doing taxidermy but my part time taxi job soon became full time and I gave it up because of health.
    My youngest son wants me to show him the ropes now and I am willing to get him started. We are digging out all the stored taxi tools and left over forms as well as getting the shop ready. He is much more artistic than I ever was so I hold high hopes for him. I have been going thru heart failure and stage 4 kidney failure. I just hope I can hang around long enough to see him do well.

Wildthings, msestak and FishArt like this.
  4. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

Erie, PA
    he will be great!!

5. swampfox2

msestak - I am hoping he will. He has been working at a local hardware/building supply making deliveries and working the yard keeping everything in order and rotated. Good thing is he can get stuff for cost plus 10% that he will need. Last year he got a hernia in his lower stomach/groin area and had to have the mesh implant. He is a lot like me when I was his age 10 feet tall and bullet proof. LOL ! He has begun to see my logic in doing something easier on his body. He will have to continue to work his full time job until his work is at a high level and he has built a good reputation/customer base but he now has a goal to work towards. Maybe one day he can spend a day with Bill Yox up in Madison GA. Glad he moved down here but I don't know how he feels about living in Georgia.

msestak likes this.
  6. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

I'm sure Bill feels like the smartest guy in GA - ha! ;)

msestak and swampfox2 like this.
  7. swampfox2

He just might be !! I have never had the pleasure of meeting Bill so I can't really judge. LOL

FishArt and msestak like this.