1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Potters Clay?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Dwb5, Sep 4, 2019.

1. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

I remember walking to school ,ten miles a day. up hill both ways

rogerswildlife and msestak like this.
  2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Bare foot in the snow . Because you and your 4 brothers had to share a pare of shoes so you only got them 1 1/2 days a week , yes lol

3. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

You should have rode a bicycle. Just put a bigger wheel on the back than on the front and you will always be going downhill.

Believe it or not, I told that to my class and a student tried it. Monday morning he came to class and told me, "Mr. Burk, I put a smaller wheel on the front of my bike so the back wheel would be bigger but it didn't work like you said it would!"

4. Everyone keeps telling us younger generation that we don't know how it is walking 10 miles to school every day uphill barefoot in the snow. But let me tell you something. You guys don't know how it is to walk downhill in the sun, trip on the curb, someone takes a video, and the YouTube video gets 7 million views
    LOL:p:p

5. You all must have come from rich families.
    I waded 5 miles of cotton invested swamp in dat dark , then paddled 5 miles down the bayou at day light to catch a two hour mule & wagon ride. Shoes, got my first pair when I got old enough to run dem crawdad traps by my self, at 6 years old. Man I loved Dem rubber hip boots to. Yall it was rough up to about 10 years old, but paw made me one of dem dare peerows out of my bed boards. Sleeping in it wasnt much fun , dem skeeters suck yall ass dry at night. I did go back to school in my peerow. Would have been a easy trip if I hadn't had to tote it half way. Swamp was to shallow for me and my 4. Ex lg sisters. Sisters came in handy
    , dat rubber band around dem ex lg panties made one hell of a sling shot. But I finally graduated 6th grade at a young 14. Den I strated my higher education learning. Up the bayou. Gator trapping & nutra rat skinning class. I was doing good at too, but had to quite due to paw was cutoff down at the food stamp office. Yea they said he caught more nutrat rat than he claimed. I had to go back to work tromping cotten trailers. Because maw couldn't go with out her snuff long. I was happy to help out. Besides I was knocking down some money $ 20.00 a week. I was saving some of it too. Cause dem hip boots was wore out. I was a wanting some of dem. Rubber boots referred to as coonass reeboks. Dem dare white rubber boots was all da rage. But yall dont feel sorry for me ,no. Look at me now I found my way into, the getting rich taxidermy field. You know I think I was lied to. Some 38 years now and I aint rich yet. Maybe i go back and finish nutra schooling some day.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  6. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Sometimes I'd love to hand a few of these young prima donnas one of those and just film the look on their faces.

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

The first lie never stands a chance on here. I had to walk about 250 yards out the dirt driveway to the dirt road and meet a school bus that took about an hour to get the 7 miles to the school (there were lots of stops after my house as I was at the beginning of the route. Our busses were driven by STUDENTS (Juniors and Seniors who had licenses) and I got on the bus between 7 and 7:15. Opening bell was 8:15 and first period was 8:30. School let out at 3 and I was home between 4 and 4:15 where I was met by my mother in the car. My sister and I changed in the back seat and we would pick cotton, peas, beans, okra, cucumbers, or whatthehellever was in season until dark. As a kid, pay wasn't much. I picked cotton for penny a pound and set onion sets for 10 cents a quart coffee can full. Back then a dime was real money and I could buy a Coke and a honeybun at the country store. On weekdays, I made between 10 and 15 cents after school. Saturdays and holidays, I could make a whole dollar. You took a lunch and a glass jar of water with you each morning. Today, you can't get a kid away from his video game much less expect him to work for spending money.

8. Micah Howards

Micah Howards Active Member

Not all kids play video games and don't work.

Mad Dawg Taxidermy and msestak like this.
  9. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

not all, but most

msestak likes this.
  10. Micah Howards

True.

msestak likes this.
  11. Dwb5

Dwb5 Member

I didnt have to walk far to catch the bus to school. But if I was late the bus driver would find it funny to make me chase the bus for about 2 blocks. Then on the last stop in the subdivision he would let me get on. I think he was trying to teach me something about being on time! It didn't work I'm still late wherever I go.

12. Dwb5

Dwb5 Member

Thanks for letting me know about the hobby lobby clay. I'll go get some. I use critter clay for the eyes but potters clay for everything else. As I said earlier I wouldn't mind using critter clay for the ears if shrinkage was a problem. But with what you all are saying uts not really a issue.

msestak likes this.
  13. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I had it made. I had to walk 150 yards to catch the bus. It was just under 7 miles to school. After getting kicked off the bus for the entire year, with no one to give me a ride, I had plenty of time to and from school to rethink proper bus behavior for the next year.

rogerswildlife, Lance.G and George like this.
  14. Fellers I dont know about yall. But the dam long bus ride was the best part of the day. Sitting in a hot ass class room in with no ac. Only open windows and a fan with 30. Funky bodies, sweating and somebody always had beens for supper.
    Remeber this is the deep south there is no winter. Two months of fall and back to summer. Its always hot! I guess even today thats why I hated hated hated school.

rogerswildlife likes this.
  15. Micah Howards

I'm home schooled.:D

Hurricane Harvey likes this.
  16. Same here. Bestest thing that ever happened to me ;). If you did not get that joke, you probably came from public school. LOL:p

Micah Howards likes this.
  17. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I fed calves and helped clean up the barn before school, then repeated the process after school in addition to helping milk and feed cows in the afternoon. I don’t ever remember dreading the work before or after school, but I sure as Hell dreaded school. I was the first on the bus in the morning, and the first off in the afternoon. What in the heck does all this have to do with clay, LOL!

rogerswildlife likes this.
  18. oh there was a couple of fledgings that thinks us dinosaurs, talk to much on things wasn't so easy back a few decades ago.

tem and Micah Howards like this.