1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Whale Bone Display Ideas

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by Cristi, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Cristi

Cristi New Member

Found on shore among others and it's huge. Thinking it would be nice as a table or somehow on the wall in a very large room, (cathedral ceiling type room as it's so big). It's thought to be a humpback vertebrae.
    would like some ideas! Thank you

2. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

Be very careful!! According to USFW you can keep certain marine mammal bones if they are not endangered species and not found on state beaches. The last May only be California state property. I would check with
    A state agency. It cost a friend thousands in attorney fees to prove his innocence in a case.

3. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Picture? Bring it in and let it dry. You may want to peroxide it to sanitize it. I have one that I use as a doorstop and an entire spine + makes a border around my garden outside. If it is high enough, you could level it from the bottom and use it as a table. I would say too heavy to try a wall mount. Here, it is legal to drag them home as long as you found it within 1/4 mile of the shoreline. I sent you a message/conversation.