1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What Is It?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by ctracker, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Shitty pic and all but have to ask...Bobcat or cougar and what do you base your answer/guess on?

Attached Files:

2. I say cougar because it has one solid color and when you compare it to the trees around it, it is too long for a bobcat.

3. Micah Howards

Micah Howards Active Member

I would guess Bobcat. Because it is really small compared to everything around it, and on a cougar you should have seen the tail.

aussiesam, ctracker and George like this.
  4. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

Bobcat 99% sure. No tail and the tree in the background doesn’t appear very big. Plus the angle of the camera means it’s either smaller or the camera is 10’ up the tree it’s attached to. Zoom in and you can see faint spots on it as well.

ctracker likes this.
  5. Bobcat, no tail visiable, defentley spots on lower back leg. Apears to be white color on back of ears. Bobcat!!!

ctracker likes this.
  6. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Unless those sourwood brush bushes have 18 inch leaves, the cat with no tail is 100% bobcat.

ctracker likes this.
  7. Lance.G

Lance.G Active Member

Bobcat

8. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Even though it is actually a BLOB CAT, I can see spots all over it. As was said before, no tail. Bobcat is my vote.

9. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

bobcat, rock your sceen u can see spots

10. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

Is this one of those pictures you have to stare at for a long time till the image appears?
    Sasquatch for sure.

ctracker likes this.
  11. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Dave, I think you are wrong about it being a Sasquatch. It's way too clear of a photo to be one. Most Sasquatch photos need red circles and arrows with lengthy explanation and even then all you see is shadows in the leaves and trees and maybe some grass.

rogerswildlife likes this.