1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Deer Eye Measurement

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Sam 10November1775, Sep 12, 2019.

1. I know this is a basic question but I am going to ask it anyways. I have a Research Manikins form. The catalog says it uses a R21-28mm size eye. I measured the eye socket on this manikin to be 34mm. That seems like a huge difference to me. What size should I order?

Up until now I have used those forms with the preset eyes and I figured it was time to learn to set my own eyes so I could change expressions when I want.

Sam

2. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I use 30mm aspheric eyes in 95% of the deer I mount. They are mostly southern whitetails.

3. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I use 32 mm eyes in all mature deer

4. LarryL

LarryL Member

The reasearch eyes are 28mm with 4 mm white band giving you a 32 mm eye read the eye description in the catalog at the top, most supply companies give you the base size and iris size. The R21 is the color and the 28 is the iris size .

TripleC and Fallenscale like this.
  5. Wow! It must be great to be so smart that the first time you try something you know all about it and don't need to ask any questions. How nice.

6. LarryL

LarryL Member

I really don’t know what you find so offensive about what I said i was just giving you the information you were looking for you asked a question and got the answer and evidently did not like it, next time I will try and be more sensitive, wait tell you try fish and see the differences in The eye types and sizes

JasonBaker likes this.