1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What Do You Charge For A Deer Head

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by 13 point, Sep 13, 2019.

1. this thread has left what really got it going. The 5 hour deer that got a fellow taxinetter pure belittled. Then bam others come out of the closet and silence fell on that. Granted he never showed his 5 hour deer. But under those circumstances he would have been a fool to. He choose the high road just bailed from the thread. Proably this web.

Then as usual it turns to the 10th million thread on pricing. Its never ended well on all the others NEVER! I suspect it wont this time either.

I wish we all could be at 800 hell a 1000.00 but its not going to happen.
    No body knows for certain that the sun wont burn out tommorow. And no body knows for certain what will happen with such drastic price increases. Maybe it would turn out well, but there is a chance also it could bankrupt a business. For a lot of us thats not a gamble we are willing to take. I like my house, trucks, tractor, guitars. I would really like to keep them. So Gamble on someone said I did it. I Dont think so!
    What I know for sure not one single person pushing 800.00 pricing. Will be knocking on my door to help out with financial aid. Should I take that gambel and fail.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    15pt likes this.
  2. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    Thats because it wasn't said....you simply misunderstood what was said!

3. Ron B

Alabama
    I know exactly, and to this day I cant eat boiled eggs!!

4. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Your not reading correctly I used that as a for instance trust me I don’t I make way more then that adding in L/S pcs , bear , elk , Sika and such . You don’t want to know what I charge for that kinda stuff .

5. Ron B

Alabama
    I'm tellin ya....somebody is putting saltpeter in our food! Has taken the testosterone right out of us! Sad!

6. 15pt

15pt Well-Known Member

Alabama
    I don't care what you charge. Doesnt affect me.

7. just mention
    g. a. s
    b. o. n. d. o
    .watch for a kick to balls

3bears and Ron B like this.
  8. Ron B

Alabama
    The fact that this "pricing thing" is always centered around deer heads has always puzzled me a bit! I remember years ago having this very heated debate with one member known for being a arrogant ass (I wont mention his name but he is no longer on here) and we were all losers who didnt charge what he charged for deer mounts! I looked at his web sight and pointed out to him that I am just a little humble taxidermist in the hills of Alabama and I was higher on almost everything else than him and on some African game by over a $1000 per piece!! WTH? He also had this thing about how non of us payed taxes....o_O Buck will know who I am talking about!;)

9. of course I do! who could forget such a assholedicksuckerprickagarontbraggerhishollynesssomeofabitch.

10. Ron B

Alabama
    Tell us how you really feel!!!

11. im mad all over again, thanks a lot :mad::mad::D

12. Ron B

Alabama
    I'm always here for ya buddy!!!:D:D:D

buckfever* likes this.
  13. But yea how come its never about how much you cant get for a duck in my area.

helllll i will start i get 280.00 for one of them greasy s o b.
    it should be. 800.00 as long as it takes me.

and yea it want take much at all to talk me into a price jack

14. Ron B

Alabama
    yeah....I here there are guys who can have a skin mount bass on a form in 30 minutes! Takes me all day! I lose my arse on those things thats why I quit doing them! Sent the last two bass out the door a few weeks ago! No more.....unless they are mine!!:cool:

15. Ron B

Alabama
    Rich bassturd!!! I once worked at a wholesaler and all I got was $15 a duck!:mad::mad::mad:

16. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

How much do you all, oh, wait, ya'll get for a strut turkey?

17. Ron B

Alabama
    If I ever do another one it will be $800...maybe a $1000

The last five are going out the door this week!

18. Ron B

Alabama
    When I was a kid I would mount a duck for a box or two of shotgun shells!!

19. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I don’t do ducks but the better guys near me get $425 for duck , $850 for stutting turkey , I don’t do turkey but send them to a guy so I sub them out he charges me $575. So I don’t do bad for not touching it .

20. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Turkeys are my favorite thing to mount. I have never done a full mount for customers ( I do have a full room in my shop filled with my own turkeys I mounted) but the breast w/tail wall mounts I did for customers started at $475.00. Turkeys are not a thing here in Oregon like they are in other states so not a lot of turkey taxidermy happening compared to other game animals/ birds.

Um, I forgot this is the game head section.