1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Unruley Deer Hair

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by funnybone, Sep 27, 2019.

1. What product does everyone use to manage hair around muscle detail edges of ears etc hair gel seems to either not hold or leave residew

2. Lance.G

Lance.G Well-Known Member

You can water down a little bit of pro 1 hide paste.

3. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Ears I just use masking tape, I groom ears then put masking tape on both sides to were it sticks to itself, talk about a nice thin sharp edge . For other spot I use a hair moose or gel it does leave a residue but I just brush that out with metal wire brush

4. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I find the best thing is to make sure the hair patterns are where they belong or were, it helps resolve a lot of those issues but there are those times that you do need something. I have used, watered down glue, clay and what I use now is a hair gel that dries and doesn't leave a noticeable residue. what brand depends on what store I visit when I need some or what is on sale, just read the label.

5. GP1419

GP1419 Member

I found a product called show groom from vandykes years ago, I am still using the same container, I'm not sure if they still have it or not but it was the only thing I could get to hold the curls down on a deer, everything else let the hair flip up again once you brushed it out, but not this stuff.