1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wanted Hippo Skull

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by joshm, Sep 29, 2019.

1. joshm

joshm New Member

On the hunt for a nice complete hippo skull for a public display. Cash in hand for the right skull and price point. Bigger the better, teeth, tusks intact and prefer without damage. Minimal repairable damage would also likely work. Please reply via DM with contact info and photos. Thanks.

2. skullhunter

skullhunter New Member

Did you find a hippo skull? I have a bull hippo skull, fully intact, tusk, teeth and all. Weighing 64 lbs. The biggest I've ever seen in the 20 years of collecting skulls. The only issue with this skull it has natural oils leaking through the pours at the back of the skull. I'm asking $4,000.00. If you are serious about it, I will take the time to upload photos.

3. joshm

joshm New Member

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have found several as of now. Based on what's been offered as nice as your skull sounds I can't see spending 4k at all never mind in need of further degreasing. Thanks for asking though and should anyone else reading the ad have another to let me look over please let me know as I plan to decide on one of thrones offered here shortly should I not come across any further. Thanks.