1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking For A Couple Pairs Of Waterfowl Feet/legs.

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by bucksnort10, Sep 30, 2019.

1. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

Would anyone be able to help me out with a couple pairs of waterfowl legs/feet that they could gift me? I want to try a couple of tests on different injecting fluids. 2-3 pairs is all I am really looking for this test.

Help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Dan

P.S. I have gifted a "few" things through the years. Several had responded if you ever need anything, ask. Well I am asking now. : ) -- I know a lot of those people are no longer on here. But there are a couple still here yet . . .

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Hey buddy. I'll try this weekend to come up with some.

BrookeSFD16 and bucksnort10 like this.

3. bucksnort10

Shawn, Thanks.
    They don't have to be pairs either. Just not any holes.

That would be nice of you. If you want to be species specific (not a requirement) I would take a pair of wood duck drake legs/feet. But not necessary at all.

4. fowlweatherfowler

fowlweatherfowler Well-Known Member

NW Ohio
    If my boy does some good shooting will pry be able to help after youth weekend.

BrookeSFD16 likes this.
  5. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

I might have a few lemme look

but you have to share your findings!!

BrookeSFD16 likes this.
  6. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Couldn't find any on the upper level and didn't dig deeper in this heat!!

7. bucksnort10

Thanks to all of you for looking and offering to help. I am getting a couple of sets from a local WI taxi. After I do my testing next week (need to let them set for 2 weeks or so), I will let you know what my thoughts and opinions are. If I need more legs/feet, I will ask again later. But, I should be good to go. Dan

8. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Good deal. I look forward to hearing your results. I thought I finally got a handle on MB and they quit making it. What I use now from Matuska works but, I can't say I really like it.

9. bucksnort10

I think Research Manikens (sp) still sells the original MB.

10. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I think I heard that somewhere but for how long is the question. I would be nice to find something that works and will remain available. I have mixed a brand of clear sealant with xylol and injected turkey feet before and they still look good about 12 years later. They were even just a tad flexible the last time I checked.

11. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Well-Known Member

Dan wish i would have seen this post before our trip to ND i could have got you a ton of feet. best hunting i have ever seen the best day was 6 man limit in 57 minutes.

12. bucksnort10

yeah and you could have invited me along too ~!!! ha

AFTHUNT likes this.
  13. bucksnort10

maybe next year

14. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Sorry Dan, I got sicker than a dog and swamped with deer coming in at the same time, I never made it out hunting this weekend, skin, flesh, and salt and repeat is my life right now and chit's freezing up, meaning my duck hunting is for the most part over for the season because fire arms deer season opens next weekend.

bucksnort10 likes this.
  15. bucksnort10

no problem Shawn
    Take care of yourself!