1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Proof Shipping Is A Rip Off By Some Suppliers!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by pir^2h, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

This cost of shipping gripe seems to be everyone's excuse to complain about something. The same old complaint keeps coming up post after post. Anyone in business of any kind should know how to run and manage their business to cover costs including shipping. Incessantly complaining over and over again isnt the answer. Raise your prices to cover costs, order in bulk instead of one form at a time or better yet, drive across country and pick it up yourself. Now tell me that the cost of shipping is too high.

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Like I have said before, when I was running a thriving taxidermy buisiness, I never once paid for shipping to or from my shop while I was constantly having things shipped to and from my shop.

3. do you have a link to the article written by Rudy from OTS

4. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

No but just contact him and he should know better than I can get it

5. drob

drob Active Member

Been around long enough to know that there is no such thing as one size fits all.Some people do taxidermy as a hobby,etc.I've always been told to watch your pennies!Just about everyone has complained about the price of gas,or how much they pay in taxes at one time or another so talking/complaining about the cost of shipping is perfectly normal-IMO!

6. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

7. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I’d be willing to bet the people not complaining bout the cost of shipping don’t place big orders , I agree the price like anything should go up but to double or triple in the last few years is ridiculous. When shipping is a few hundred dollars it does hurt the pocketbook. You can raise prices next year to compensate but not this year

8. Sorry. Not working on my end.i looked around on their page and couldn’t find anything

Attached Files:

9. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

10. huntingbig

huntingbig Member

McKenzie has a long history of padding your bill, mainly on shipping they have a more profitable business in the shipping department than in the supply dept., ordered a pair of turtle eyes for less than $10 and came in a 12x12 box with $18 shipping, one Axis form $68 shipping, measured box and weighed it went to U.P.S. website to return it was only $17.70 to send back, easy to fix don't order from them unless you have to, if customer wants something from them tell them they have to pay the extra cost upfront, ordered 10 deer forms from Jim Aldred was only $78 for all 10, I've been done with McKenzie, only as a last resort, seems like some people on here taking up for Mckenzie has a vested interest in the company one way or another, their rip offs or indisputable

Ole Bones likes this.
  11. h20halo

h20halo Member

I would not buy from a company that could not tell me shipping and handling costs up front. It's just shady in a time and place where shipping costs are so transparent.

Clovis Point likes this.
  12. But what supplier out there does tell you shipping costs up front?

Keith likes this.
  13. Tanglewood Taxidermy

None that I have ordered from. Strange how Amazon can tell me up front, but a taxidermy supply company can't.

14. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I get FREE shipping from Amazon. :)

Kerby...

15. Tanglewood Taxidermy

I get free shipping from them if the purchase is over a certain amount. They tell me how much it will be according to the mode of shipping I choose. I don't buy from them much though.

Kerby Ross likes this.
  16. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

I get it free all the time. :)
    Kerby...

FishArt likes this.