1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

3d Printed Raptor Skeletons

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Troy Murawski, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Troy Murawski

Troy Murawski New Member

I am going to start a business where you will be able to buy raptor skeletal .STL files. The raptors will be able to be purchased and downloaded, then printed. I am going to work with local raptor rehabs to get the real bones for scanning. Once I have the scans, the real bones can be disposed of. If you want, I can get them printed for you for a fee. I need help getting birds to do this with. Anything crow sized and larger will work. If interested, just respond with any details.

Attached Files:

Jtown likes this.
  2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Contact any of your local museums or Natural History centers. Ask if they have any raptor skeletons that you could scan. You probably would have to ask if you could set up your scanner on site to scan the bones as you probably would not be permitted to remove them from the building. I think it would be impossible to scan an assembled skeleton so access to dis-articulated bones might work better or at least a skeleton that is partially put together in sections. A very neat idea if you can make it work.