1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

"taxidermy Tourism" In Peru

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Jtown, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Jtown

Jtown New Member

Hello all, I recently took a vacation with the old lady to Cusco, Peru. We found ourselves on many mini adventures from down-hill cycling to being sling-shotted across the river on the teleferico on our pilgrimage to Machu-Picchu. I snagged some taxidermy related pictures i thought some of you would enjoy.
    IMG_1945.jpg the tree man

IMG_1668.jpg My new bear form

IMG_1737.jpg IMG_1726.jpg IMG_1728.jpg Alpaca Rugs. they had many different styles and designs everywhere.

IMG_1700.jpg I believe this to be just an alpaca hoof noise maker.

IMG_1699.jpg IMG_1698.jpg Almost every street vendor had their insects packaged and ready to sell.

IMG_1657.jpg IMG_1656.jpg I didn't see very much bird taxidermy. Does anyone know why their beaks are wired shut?

IMG_1658.jpg With as many Armadillo shells as I have seen, I expected to see a lot more born dead on the side of the road. Especially how those crazy SOBs drive through the mountains.

2. Jtown

Jtown New Member

IMG_1527.jpg Peruvian pained bull horn.

IMG_1701.jpg I saw this really cool knife, It used a goat horn, goat teeth and hair.

IMG_E1524.jpg My guide tried to tell me this is a crocodile skin....

IMG_1518.jpg Can anyone identify what kind of snake this is? Its been fermenting in sugarcane alcohol for over a year. My host was unsure of the class but was kind enough to pour me a couple of shots. It tastes a little earthy, but definitely strong.