1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A Lot More Than You Think!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by buckfever*, Oct 23, 2019.

1. This is why you shouldn't freeze dry gator heads or just put throw them in Farmaldehyde.
    ONE gator head junk inside scraps. 1023191149.jpg
    Head before pressure washing
    1023191148.jpg

Head after washing 1023191602.jpg
    Three gator heads scraps, a 5 gallon bucket FULL almost 45 lbs of crap. 1023191151.jpg 1023191152.jpg

2. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

You are so right! There is a ton of meat and gristle in a gator head. If you take one of those "truck stop" gator heads and re-hydrate it, it will stink to high heaven!

buckfever* and swampfox2 like this.

3. swampfox2

swampfox2 Well-Known Member

I hope you blocked those boys from bayou country ! They would want to throw that into a pot of rice and hot sauce.

msestak and buckfever* like this.
  4. not that there is any thing wrong with that. :rolleyes:

msestak and swampfox2 like this.
  5. swampfox2

How did I know Glenn would see that and respond ?

6. Joey until somebody cuts that palette out and takes a peek. They don't have a clue.
    Even that little bottom jaw bone holds a lot.
    Many many years ago I was guilt of throwing them in death fluid. After cutting into one I cringe of the thought , of all that bug dinner I sent out the door.
    Back then I really didn't think that much junk could have been in there.

Once you get a idea just where to make the cuts and what blade length to use on different areas. 30 to 40 min it's done !
    It's not that hard.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    NDAR15MAN likes this.
  7. lol it is my thread you know. lol

swampfox2 likes this.
  8. swampfox2

I guess it is after all. LOL

9. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Glen: I've got 2 mega gators to mount heads on. I just don't have the horsepower in my right shoulder to tackle them yet. Only 6 weeks post rotater cuff surgery. I damn sure ain't gonna tear this shoulder up again prying on a gator head!!! Hope you are healing well!

msestak likes this.
  10. I got that dam thing off my leg, so I'm GREAT. Sore and walking with a limp, but the ankel is staying in its socket. No more popping out. They say it will be sore a long time from grinding on the bone.
    You take care of that arm , we don't heal up like we use too in our younger days.
    I got all 14 of my gator heads cleaned and ready for a soak bath.
    When I got # 14 done, walked over to the price list and went up again. I'm at $22.00 Per inch now in heads. Puts them around $400 -500.00
    They are a lot of work! worth ever nickel and more.
    My ls gators went to $500.00 a foot regardless of size. They can pay it or go else wheres neither one makes me a dam.

msestak, joeym and Kerby Ross like this.