1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by h2orunutz, Oct 23, 2019.

1. h2orunutz

h2orunutz New Member

When cleaning a wild boar head with Beetles do you remove the tusks. Thanks you

2. Never had a problem leaving them alone they will slide out after cleaning just glue back in

h2orunutz and msestak like this.

3. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

The tusk can stay intact. The beetles will clean them inside and out.

4. swampfox2

swampfox2 Well-Known Member

When I was 16 I decided to try boiling a hog skull to get the remaining meat out. Used a big pot momma had and boiled it for quite a while not knowing anything about it at all just experimenting. Well the experiment came to a screeching halt when momma came home a got a whiff. Hell was raised and I had to get that blankety blank head out the house. Doors and windows were opened and it smelled in there for a spell. I got a real good tongue lashing over that one.

Chippers likes this.
  5. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Now, when you are older and have your own house, you can do stuff like this again. Somewhere I have a photo of my biggest stock pot on the kitchen stove with a Scottish Highland bull skull half in it trying to simmer it clean in sections.

6. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Us rednecks put them in a fish cooker out on the patio, buy a case of beer, and invite over a buddy to shoot the breeze with while it's simmering. When the beer is gone, the head is done!

Devin Stephen likes this.