1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Buyers Beware Of Phone Number 252 381 0703

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by ryanolson72, Oct 30, 2019.

1. ryanolson72

ryanolson72 Active Member

I put a post up in the wanted section and this guy text me that he has what I am looking for. Request that I pay with an Amazon gift card. He claims he is AAA animal exchange out of North Carolina. After doing some research it seems he is just a scammer. I tried to make a phone call and it came up through Google phone. 252 381 0703.

Attached Files:

2. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

We just can't be too careful. Thanks for sharing!

MixedupMel likes this.

3. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

there is an aaa animal exchange in indiana, a very honest and reliable taxidemist. apparently the n carolina scammer just stole the reall aaa`s name

MixedupMel likes this.
  4. ryanolson72

Yes exactly. Bob

MixedupMel likes this.
  5. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Lowlife POS has trolled on here before as a Mr. Halliday. Trying to sell a zebra he didn't own Nov, 2018. Was in the possession of Brian Wiseman who showed pictures of it that matched the stolen pictures shown by Halliday. Halliday has been removed on here as a user. Obviously still trolling. Rausch also pegged him as a thief. Also tried to sell a white cobra, a mountain lion, a corsican and others. After being banned, he has cropped up again on here as JonasTaxidermist. I would guess that pictures shown are all stolen from other sites. Also using the number (630) 296-6804 https://www.taxidermy.net/members/56771/

"James Halliday said:
    MARKED DOWN!! Im trying to reduce my stock so im offering this taxidermy zebra mount for $1200
    Thats less then what I paid. Contact for questions 252-381-0703"

Well .. scammer thief Mr Halliday (prolly a fake name too) had the courtesy to leave us his phone number. Can we do anything with that? Connect it with an address and notify the police in that area? Low life probably has other stolen things in his home.

Hell, this is probably the best one yet. I would say he really is in Africa.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    MixedupMel likes this.
  6. ryanolson72

Nothing worse than a scammer. I had a few choice words for him befire communication ceased.

MixedupMel likes this.
  7. He is definitely a scammer. He was posting my pics on here a while back of used fleshing machines straight from website trying to sell them....He was going by Halladay and he has a Spanish accent .....crooked as they come!

The real AAA Animal Exchange is Joe Geryak and he is located in Indiana. Very upstanding guy that has handled many skins over his career.

DP

MixedupMel and ryanolson72 like this.
  8. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

That phone number sounded familiar but I couldn't remember who it was earlier today. I remember this "Halliday" character trying to sell a mountain lion (I think listed by member emers48) and D. Price's images of the fleshing machine. He was wanting to be paid with Amazon gift cards back then also. Let this be a red flag to all buyers when sellers (or thieves), especially new sellers want to be paid with anything other than paypal. I know there are some legit sellers on here that won't take paypal but they have been on here for a long time and have outstanding reputations. Be cautious everyone. There is always someone out to take your hard earned $$$ from you any way they can.

MixedupMel and ryanolson72 like this.
  9. Kenny Cole

Kenny Cole New Member

I was almost scammed here by this same "Halliday" guy, but he used this number (630) 296-6804. He requested to be paid by venmo instead. We just have to be very careful when buying or selling. THANKS FOR SHARING.

MixedupMel likes this.