1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Offering Apprenticeship, Training, Or Employment

Discussion in 'Training' started by Dreaming Badger II, Nov 1, 2019.

1. I have a taxidermy shop in northwestern Wisconsin. It's a great area to live. Fishing is outstanding with Musky being the number 1 draw to the area. Bear hunting is amazing, as well as whitetail, predator, and small game. We will probably start ice fishing mid November this year. Lake Superior is only an hour north of here.
    My shop is centrally located at the intersections of the two highways that bring in lots of tourists from Minnesota, southern Wisconsin, and Illinois. Business is strong year round, and I do it all! I don't discriminate. I have been in the business for about 30 years, with my first few shops in Colorado and the remainder here in Wisconsin. I am about as busy as 1 person can handle, and the business could easily grow from here.
    So, what I would like to discuss with the right person is apprenticeship, training, and working into a position of employment, ownership, or some combination there of.
    I went to taxidermy school in Colorado, however I found that most of my training/education was self taught or through working with other taxidermists. So, what I am offering is not contingent on the person having spent time in a formal education. Please respond if this may apply to you or know someone of interest.

Thank you,
    Tom, Dreaming Badger Taxidermy

Casey_E likes this.