1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fleshing Table

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Iowarook, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Iowarook

Iowarook New Member

Hey guys pretty new to this site but this place is incredible. After talking a couple classes with more lined up I am starting to build my shop piece by piece. I have a table top version of the Dakota Pro being shipped and want to build the table. How many of you have DIYed your tables and what do you especially like about you setups and what would've you done different? As always pics would be wonderful. I know not everybody is going to want it like the same things but I think the more info I can gather the happier I may be worth the first try instead constantly wanting to change one thing or another. Thank you all

Trophyracks307 and MixedupMel like this.
  2. You can go buy a 4ft/2ft piece of counter top cut your slot for your belt appox 4"x12" attach to table I like it high enough to stand while using trash can underneath and you are set

3. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Play with the height of the table when you get the shaver in. Find what’s comfortable for you to work with. Mine is elbow height so only 3/4 of the blade shows .

4. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I have my table sitting on the high side (table about at the bottom of my ribs) so I don't have to bend over. I have a back issue as it is and it doesn't need any help getting worse! For the top I went to Lowes and bought a damaged piece of counter top laminate for half price. (Didn't need the whole thing anyways and only on corner was damaged a little bit)

5. tem

tem Well-Known Member

i have a shelf on mine so i can put my foot on it as i do my fleshing. makes me stand more comfterbule.

6. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

A photo of my flesher on the table I built with a cabinet countertop, and a foot rest - all at the height I am comfortable working at. FCBB9087-ECF4-41E0-B250-CB019AB59AB9.jpeg

Trophyracks307 likes this.