1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Storing A Taxidermied Pet Cat In Storage In Tropical Weather

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by pippin, Nov 17, 2019.

1. pippin

pippin New Member

Hi, I am not a taxidermist. My beloved pet cat recently died and I had him taxidermied. He will be returned to us soon. Due to personal reasons that I do not want to go into, we want to store him in a storage unit for the long term. I live in the tropics. How best to store a taxidermied cat in a storage unit? Will silica gel and a locked luggage bag suffice? Will the taxidermied cat react well without air circulating around it?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  2. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Your main enemies are rodents, heat, and insects. I would consider a metal box or ice chest. Dessicants will help, but will need to be changed periodically. If you feel that your suitcase is "rodent proof" it will suffice.

3. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Is it mounted or freeze dryed , if mounted you have a better chance at keeping it safe , if freeze dryed I don’t believe it will last very long under those or most kind of conditions inside anything, bugs , humidity and no air flow is going to get you .