1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Any Mounted Tiger Trout Pics?

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Big Sky, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Big Sky

Big Sky Member

I am searching for a talented fish taxidermist that has expertise with tiger trout. I recently moved to trophy tiger trout country, and I anticipate I will be getting one mounted in the not too distant future. (I fish a lot!) However I've looked at quite a few mounts and aside from some anatomical issues there are some pretty scary paint jobs out there. I'm hoping maybe some of the ultra talented fish taxidermist that frequent this site can post up a pic or two of tiger trout they have mounted. If anyone knows of a expert tiger trout taxidermist I would love to know who it is?

MixedupMel likes this.
  2. Micah Howards

Micah Howards Active Member

I would recommend Frank Kotula. He is on here and got one of his on the back of the vandykes catalog!! It is amazing!!

MixedupMel and Frank E. Kotula like this.

3. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Thanks sir for the compliment.
    Yes tigers are fun to do but not knowing where your from I do know of others that are qualified plus price comes as a factor also. The cheap becomes expensive

MixedupMel and Micah Howards like this.
  4. Pikeonthefly

Pikeonthefly Active Member

Scroll down to my post "Congratulations to Frank Kotula" and scroll down a few posts and you will see his fish. The picture does not do it justice but it will give you an idea.

"THIS IS NOT MY FISH" However it may belong to someone on this site. I made a copy of it to use as reference. I thought it was pretty good too.

Attached Files:

MixedupMel and Micah Howards like this.
  5. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

Frank can certainly do you a nice job on a Tiger. If you live out west you might also check John Holly in Mapleton Utah. He does a lot of them.

MixedupMel and Frank E. Kotula like this.
  6. Big Sky

Big Sky Member

I live in Utah so that John Mapleton recommendation is perfect. Thank you. With that said I'm willing to ship to about anywhere in the states if I can get the best.

MixedupMel likes this.