1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mckenzie 8900 Questions

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Jake Detwiler, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Jake Detwiler

Jake Detwiler New Member

Hey All! I'm brand new to this forum and Im excited to learn from you guys and gals! I was lucky enough to harvest a buck this year and dropped him off at the taxidermist last week. I have a few other traditional shoulder mounts at home, so I was feeling a bit adventurous this time and ordered an 8900 left turn form. I am curious if any of you have any experience with this form? What does the back (wall facing) side look like? Is it flat? Is it exposed wood? How does it hang? If any of you have pictures of this form, especially the back side, would you please share? I'd also love to see more 8900 series photos in general! Thanks in advance and I hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving!

2. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

It has a wood panel backing - much smaller area than a regular shoulder mount. You need to attach a hanger like any other mount, but the wall pedestal is not very well balanced. I use a specialty no tilt hanger. There are a couple of styles. Either works well.

Jake Detwiler and swampfox2 like this.

3. Ferrin

Ferrin New Member

Here's one I mounted last weekend

Attached Files:

Jake Detwiler and MixedupMel like this.