1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pickup Time Frame

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by 15pt, Jan 2, 2020.

1. 15pt

15pt Member

Alabama
    What's everyone's policy on pickup timeframes. Even after deposits of half down I'm having the worst year as far as customer pickups. Gonna have to go with a storage fee per week and possession after 30 days is what I'm thinking.

rosscoak, tem and msestak like this.
  2. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    30 days is what I have on my receipts. I never get rid of them that quick (usually because I can't) but I like to make folks think I will! I still get stuck with some every year!

3. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

These days I send a text telling them I’m mounting it in a week and kinda get there ok , I ask if they are ready for it , if no reply or they say no then they go to end of list . ( hardly ever happens) then I mount it and take pic of mount and send that , and say bout 2 weeks for pick up , 2-3 weeks I send pic of it finished and ask for day there coming , most are 2 weeks , by doing it this way I have been stuck with 1 deer in five years and that was for 2 months at such time I sent another text stating you have forfeited your deer and lost all deposits, I’m taking head apart you have 2 weeks to pick rack only up . I then go to a list of people that want a recape done , I pull rack out and put the recape rack in and out the door it goes . I don’t play and my clients know it . By doing it like this it gives them almost a month to get the money together . Hope it helps

Lance.G likes this.
  4. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

You have to have a one paragraph contract on the bottom front page of your work order which the customer signs or initials which solves the problem when it comes up. You have to charge enough in the first place to eliminate customers that can not really afford your service. You have to accept credit cards.

5. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I haven't held onto anything more than 10 years.

byrdman and Ron B like this.
  6. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Never been stuck! I get 50% down always and my contract states work will be sold and they sign it. Contract.jpg

7. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

This is the thing some states you can’t sell mounts , MD is that state , we have to go thru a ton of paper work and wait time to do that . I agree with what your doing but at the same time not to many people want to by a small 6 point .

8. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    Yep....thats the ones you get stuck with!!

9. 15pt

15pt Member

Alabama
    90 percent of the time it's a small rack.