1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Western PA School Of Taxidermy Vs Northwest Iowa School Of Taxidermy

Discussion in 'Training' started by C-33PO, Jan 4, 2020.

1. C-33PO

C-33PO New Member

Hello All,

I am looking for some information from former students from either institution as to recommendations, likes, dislikes, and any other pertinent information regarding their time spent as a student. I am in the early stages of planning my taxidermy endeavor and I have narrowed down my choices to these two locations. I would be showing up to school with zero taxidermy skill or background besides field dressing plenty of deer and 2 cape jobs for shoulder mounts that were taken to a real taxidermist.

There is quite a distance difference between both locations and I would be passing one to get to the other depending on the final choice. For those that went to either school in regards to lodging were there places to eat close to either the school or lodging?

I have scrolled through all 93 forum pages under the training section reading information related to both schools. Each school seems to produce confident taxidermist but have you come away from school being capable, well rounded , or feeling stronger in one area as opposed to another?

I appreciate anyone taking the time to reply to this post. Just looking for some information that isn’t found on either schools website.

Looking to make the best informed choice for a school for someone with zero experience who’s mechanical ability usually ends at “exploded view.”